Last event was very interesting – it is clearly engaging for experts and it is also very useful for digital marketing generalists. A few points from the event:
- Pagination with rel next – a great video
- Multiple XML site maps are considered helpful (oh – it was the first time I heard that more than one XML site map is technically possible)
- Site Links in SERP point: webmaster tools allow suppressing some pages that the company does not want to appear in the search results. This feature can be used for seasonal variations.
- How to handle discontinued products in e-comm site – redirect to a similar product, not the home page (makes sense… but home page redirect is somehow first what comes to mind 😉 ).
- Rich snippets can increase CTR up to 30%
- Rich snippets would not help ranking, but do help CTR
- Rich snippets markup for the offer (from Schema.org) – good source
- Rich snippets – do not markup hidden content (ha! also makes sense, but only when it is pointed out… 😉 ).