A few interesting notes are below:
- DemandBase: twice a year SDRs participate in Marketing Innovation Contest. SDRs present ideas on demand generation and how to engage target accounts. Each one present to Marketing and Sales leadership. 2 out of 3 last campaigns DemandBase marketing executed came from the SDR team.
- Certification of target accounts. DemandBase has an ABM certification, which is used as a marketing tactic. The certification is offered for top target accounts (and valued at about $15,000).
- Sendoso: can not send gifts to some organizations; this can be replaced with charitable contribution to the charity of their choice
- How to encourage SFDC upkeep? Each specific entry milestone opens an additional benefit for the rep – an additional DM budget, for example
Interesting: collaboration between marketing and support is increasing. Today only 1/3 or marketing teams suppress messages to customers with open service issues. By 2025 2/3 of brands are expected to have fully integrated marketing and service teams with common metrics, goals, and programs.
Example of a highly beneficial service initiative: Salesforce Trailhead
Introduction of ABM at DocuSign
The initial program focused on Financial Industry and took 3 months to produce (6 months in market). All program materials were new and were created for this initiative.
- Identify priority accounts
- Map out the buying team
- Create the story
- Design the engagement plan (slide below)
- Enable sales to win (great example of sales materials in PPT)
- One of the session attendees was able to make connection between Drift and Bizible to evaluate effectiveness of Drift as an application
- The best approach to making conversational marketing effective is to designate an owner of the messages and conversions, similar to assigning ownership to other channels. Interesting: Drift itself started from “everybody doing everything,” which did not generate good results.