Windows 8 highlights were associated with “personal” tasks – sharing with friends, booking a flight, arranging and finding images, etc. I wished to see more on integration with Microsoft office – how it can help me with my work tasks. True, once in a while I work on my Twitter and Pinterest while I eat my lunch, but PPT and Outlook take dis-proportionally more of my time at work.
Points from the presentation:
- Microsoft is trying to make Windows 8 as intuitive as possible
- Windows 8 are designed to provide similar experience on computer, tablet, and phone
- Visual elements are based on Swiss style of design
- Cultural simplification – attempt to remove as many elements as possible
- Bauhaus design influence – leaving only essential elements
Is Microsoft trying to make Windows 8 useful “for everything”? Maybe. Will be interesting to see how Windows 8 will come to the office.