Though the topic sounded boring – the last MN AMA event was one of the best I attended and the speaker was simply remarkable.
I was quoting the speaker the very next day on one of the meetings in the office.
A few ideas from the event:
- Today’s economy has different implications for different companies; different demographics and geographic regions experience the downturn differently
- Target prospects changed… Financial services companies may not be that attractive…
- Dynamics of your customers are shifting – markets are shifting – do research…
- Everything is shifting; however the changes are happening faster than ever. We are experiencing a systemic shift – not just a temporary change during a downturn
- “Successful companies do not abandon their marketing strategies in a downturn; they ADAPT these strategies”
- Budget increases now are seen in the interactive and particularly social media (measurable results)
- Risk aversion is higher in economic crisis; show the buyer how it is less risky to buy from you… How?
- Crisp vision
- Simplify transition
- Minimize initial investment
- Help with a solid business case
- Social media will become the new search
- Everybody is in media business… what is your online media strategy?
- It is about measuring: all marketing programs should be measured
Questions to ask yourself:
- What are you doing differently?
- What new ideas are you exploring?
- What are you measuring?
Sites where ideas can be found: