May educational event Welcome to the Social Enterprise: A Discussion of Enterprise 2.0 Applications and Concepts(Chris Dykstra, Founding Partner, Warecorp) was very insightful as expected. Every AMA event gives me an idea or an approach to ponder.
Interesting points from the presentation:
- Social networks are part technology and part philosophy…
- Social networks are the results of human desire to connect and collaborate
- Web 2.0 users are trusted to create their own experience
- Web sites lunch empty; users (not the site owners) create the content and organize it
- What users do: 1. create > 2. organize > 3. customize
Chris Dykstra is also the owner of http://www.zanby.com/ – a social networking site. The main differentiation of the site is its ability to “network” groups of people. This functionality can be used by chapters of national organizations, or departments of a company.
- The purpose of IT is to enable communication…
- How to create a social networking in the enterprise? Philosophical shift should come first, the technology will follow